Pretium Private Schools adhere to the South African Schools Act (No. 84 of 1996) and the provincial department of education regulations guiding admissions.
- The Board of Directors determines the admission policy of Pretium Private Schools.
- The Principal is responsible for its application in accordance with the Schools Act.
- Race, religion or culture affiliation shall not limit admission.
- Pretium Private Schools reserves the right of admission to the schools.
- Students will be accepted in Grade 00 and Grade 0 and in Grade 1 in terms of the age requirements set out in the Schools Act.
- On providing evidence of passing the previous grade, students will be accepted for the next grade. Evidence will include a transfer letter and the latest original report from the previous school, stating the highest grade passed.
- When applying for admission, parents / guardians must present the school with an official birth certificate or Identification document (ID) and proof that the child has been immunised against communicable diseases. For non-SA citizens, a study permit, temporary or permanent residence permit, or evidence of application for permission to stay in SA should be supplied.
- Students must follow the curriculum offered by Pretium Private Schools.
- Students must undertake to abide by the schools policies and Code of Conduct.
- Students expelled from any other school, older than 19 years of age or who has a criminal record will not be accepted.
The age of admission to Grade 1 is 5 years if the child turns 6 on or before 30 June in their Grade 1 year. However, if parents have reason to believe that their child is not school-ready at the age 5 turning 6, then they can choose to send the child to Grade 1 at age 6 turning 7.